Job Title: QA Engineer
Duration : 6 Months Contract
Location: Glendale, CA
We currently have an opportunity for a Sr Software Engineer in QA within the Web team. This person will be responsible for testing and releasing high quality software, on time and within budget. The candidate will work alongside the development and product management teams across multiple applications and should be capable of context switching and working in an agile paced environment. Responsibilities include:
- Software testing of web and mobile applications.
- Front-end and back-end testing.
- Defect tracking and issue status reporting.
- Work with the product management teams to refine product specifications.
- Work closely with product and dev teams to compile use cases.
- Familiarization with the code base and writing of automation tests.
- Lead releases / projects end-to-end, meet deadlines and deliver a quality product.
- Maintain configurations across several environments and clean them constantly.
- Work with application support and help them troubleshoot production issues and complete deployments.
- Analyze defects / test results and be able to deduct the chain of events that led to a failure.
- Document automation code and QA system designs.
- Keep abreast of latest technologies and trends.
- 5+ years hands-on software quality assurance testing experience, preferably with web applications in the software development industry.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies / tools.
- Proficiency in debugging and test case development.
- Experience using Cucumber & Selenium.
- Experience with source control management tools such as git orsvn.
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end SDLC and its adaptations to various types of projects.
- Strong knowledge of Unix shell commands, SQL, and database concepts.
- Proficiency with network protocols such as HTTP, SSL and SSH is a plus.
- Experience with perf tools such as httperf / jmeter